Thursday, January 20, 2011

THE WATERLEU ?

                      I remember playing at the neighbors house when I was a child. and after we would get done playing a baseball game or football game we would all run towards the faucet with the hose on it. I would have to wait in line to get a drink because I was not the fastest runner and most of the neighborhood players beat me there. (notice how I said neighborhood "Players" vs Boys?) Yeah ....even some of the girls beat me to the hose and there I stood waiting ever so patiently for this all important drink of water. I say it was a "important drink" because as I stood there waiting in line, I would have sold my soul to be the kid holding the hose next to my mouth. What I really wanted to do was knock them all out  so I could have some of that delictable, thirst quenching, wonderful water. But hell, I couldnt even out run them, what makes me think I could have beaten their asses?
                       Being thirsty is such a horrible feeling....its worse than being hungry I think. When your hungry it can become down right painful, Your stomach growls, you get a headache, your whole attitude can change from happy to angry that split second you notice your hungry. But when your thirsty....I mean really thirsty, Im talking downright "dying of thirst" thirsty....You feel so helpless and you would do anything for a drink of not just water at that moment, but when your that thirsty, you would drink just about anything as long as it is in a liquid form. In fact....You are probably getting thirsty reading this because you remember that feeling distinctly too and your brain is recalling that feeling. Its something you dont forget because it happens daily, just on a lower intensity.  You have heard the stories of people drinking their own urine to survive....I know...right. How thirsty do you think they were? They didnt do that shit just because they thought they needed a little more saline in their diet....they were down right thirsty. Im sorry, but for me...I think I would choose death over peeing in a cup and putting that cup to my mouth. I would eat bugs, chew on tree bark, or anything else where I might even have a half a chance of getting a drop of water out of it, before I would drink my own pee. I am not judging those who have done it to survive...but really I just dont think I could do it.
                                 Whats  really odd is that , I dont drink water. I would kill for it when I was a child...but I am just not a big fan as an adult. I know its good for you and I should drink like 8 cups a day and all that...but lets face it...water is bland and has no taste at all. Especially when there is so many better things to drink that does have a flavor. Plus, they all have water in it right? Coffee, Tea, Juice, Pop, all are made from 100 percent water and they taste ten times better that plain water.So no...I dont get how people can like water. In fact I hate water so much,that I think pee would probably taste better. And I think the reason most people drink water is because they have reached that point of thirstyness (a new Ianstein word) where they will drink anything in the liquid form...its either that or they dont have a cup to piss in.

1 comment:

taylor said...

LMFAO. omg, so NOW I know where I get my running inadequacies from.

Thanks Dad.