Saturday, January 14, 2017

Show Me The Love





I had this thought the other day, and I just wanted to put my thoughts down on paper, thus this blog moment.

 
I was just thinking how on an everyday basis we as human beings take life for granted. I know that we all have our moments in life when we realize how short life is and how important it is to be kind and loving to those who are closest to us. For example, when someone dies that we knew…then we have all sorts of thoughts about how short life really is. But I’m talking on an everyday basis, those thoughts are usually nonexistent for the most part.

Could you imaging if we didn’t take life for granted? Would we treat people better? Would we do random acts of kindness on a daily basis? What about helping those in need? Would we seek them out?

When we leave our jobs at the end of the day, we usually say goodbye to those that we work with and sometimes not even that. Or we leave our homes saying bye and I love you and maybe even a quick kiss before we head out the door.  But what if we knew it was the last time we would see them?               What would we do differently then?

Would we say something like, Hey Tom, it was great working with you today, you always make my day better and I just want to thank you for that. Would that I Love you to your loved ones be sincerer, would that quick peck on the lips turn into a heartfelt kiss from the heart? I should think that it would be.

Look, I know that this is just a thought provoking topic and we will never be able to know in advance when we would or if we would see anyone again on any given day. I do know that life happens and death happens. But sometimes I just think we as people, forget how important we all are to each other. And we don’t express how much we really love each other on a daily basis because we think that there is always going to be a tomorrow.

Shouldn’t we treat everyone as if we may never see them again? (not including the afterlife)

Ok, so glad that I got that down on paper….because that was a bit deep even for me. J

But I Love you all….and I really mean that.

 




No comments: