Monday, April 15, 2013

Touched by an Angel

       Dreams are so very hard to describe sometimes, partly because sometimes they don't make no sense , and partly because we cannot understand all the details that would put the story all together for us. I had a dream the other night about Timberly and I am writing this so that I don't forget about it. Its the first time I ever woke up crying from a dream. So don't try and make any sense of it because its useless...well some of it is anyway.

       Kim and I were in this safe house or something. We were doing chores around the house and I remember not being happy at that time but we had the attitude that we would just do whatever we had to do. (Not sure why we were there at this point)
It was a while later that I was standing next to the stairwell that went down to the basement (I assume it was the basement)  when I saw Kim and someone else (not sure who) helping Timberly up the stairs. I was startled when I saw her because I was not expecting to see her. As I said...I wasn't sure why we were there but I do know that it wasn't because Timberly was coming to see us. I was so taken back when I saw her that I didn't really notice how she looked  completely, but I did know that she looked very tired and a little white.
     I immediately grabbed her and hugged her and said  "OMG I cant believe your here"  I layed her down on the floor next to the stairwell so she could rest. I saw the tears in her eyes and she wasn't a bit worried about her condition. I knew the tears in her eyes were tears of Joy and I'm sure she saw my tears as well. With tears in her eyes she reached her hand up to my cheek and said " I'm touching you"

I  awoke.

        I was so stunned by what she said let alone the fact that I just had a dream about Timber.     (That don't happen enough for me). This is only the second time it has happened.
I immediately started questioning what she meant by" I'm touching You"
Did she just mean that she couldn't believe she was touching me....or did she mean she was touching me and that's why so many great things have happened to me since she left? I started thinking about how she said it and the tone she used when she said it to understand what exactly she meant by that. I honestly believe that it is the later. I believe that she just wanted me to know that she is watching me and has my back.  The look in her eyes is really why I think that and it was the reason I woke up suddenly. She had the look of Love in her eyes and as a father it is hard enough to see your daughter with any kind of tears in their eyes.....but for her to have Love in her eyes and say something like that....I was blown away !! 

I try not to read to much into dreams because I know they come from some place in our brains that I cant understand. But I tell you...this one....I want to always remember and cherish. It gives me both comfort and joy. Comfort in knowing that she is watching over me and Joy because ...I felt her touch!
You see...its that touch that we miss the most .....The hugs....the kisses...the little things that we sometimes take for granted.


 

2 comments:

KS said...

Wow...now *I* have tears in my eyes. I'm so thankful you got to have that "moment with her"...

M Hart said...

This is awesome. To know you have not lost her forever and will see her again must bring such joy and comfort to you. Brought tears to my eyes.