Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Brain Gone Wild

                     SO I had this weird thought, I thought to my self...Self...I wonder what it would be like to be homeless.I am not sure what prompted me to think that, but I did. And now I am stuck wondering that very thing. At first thought....I thought it wouldn't be to bad. I mean...what else would I have to worry about? The only stress I would have in my life is that of finding food or shelter. And how hard can that be right? I mean there are soup kitchens and shelters that would take me in...I could just mooch off that and live pretty comfortably.
                 Could I do that? I mean really do it? Its one thing to think about something like that but its another to actually think it through and say I think I could do that.  For some odd reason I think I could. For being the selfish man that I am, I would have no problem thinking only about myself (Oh yes...I should have mentioned that...I am a single man with no kids in this thought) So yes...no problem...Find me a cardboard box, make camp, and live stress free. The whole getting in dumpsters thing might be a bit of a stretch for me, and I do not like to get cold...cold?....Shoot, I didn't think about that one..I do live in Michigan and it gets pretty darn cold sometimes. When I had this thought originally, I pictured me in the summertime carelessly napping in a park somewhere listening to the sound of kids playing in the background. I didn't think about the snow in the winter and freezing tempertures during the day when I am not in the taxpayer supplied shelter. I just thought of something else too....what if the soup kitchen only serves one meal a day...could I really live on one meal a day?  I Shudder !!! What would I be giving up? No more midnight snacks, no more getting a coke when I am thirsty, No more ice creme sandwiches, no more ordering Chinese take out when you don't feel like walking to the soup kitchen...No more sitting in my lounger chair playing on my laptop  OMG  NO LAPTOP???Happy thoughts Happy thoughts Happy thoughts....OK I am better now. Whew , maybe I should just thank God for the many blessings I do have and mark that thought as a "Brain Gone Wild "  moment.  :)

1 comment:

taylor said...

lmao. hilarious... you forgot about the stench too. For a man who HAS to shower every day, I don't see you making it.

LMAO.