Monday, August 15, 2011

Stupid Happens


 I took my first stress test today. I have always wanted to have one done. I'm not sure why but I just thought it may tell me if I am fit enough to live another 25 years or so. So it got me thinking...what is stress? And why do they call it a stress TEST? Are they really checking my stress level? Or are they just checking my heart? I know the answer ...its just seems funny that they call it a Stress Test when in reality...I get my stress level checked everyday at work. If I don't die from stress during the day...I passed the daily stress test. :)
At work, I have a high level of stress everyday...with having to deal with so many people and trying to get things done to meet deadlines and customer requirements, it makes me stressed with every task. It would seem like if they really wanted to call it a "stress test"...they would come to my place of work and when I finish talking to one of the "Stupid"ones....or when I find out that one of the "Stupid" ones screwed up and we cant ship parts because they did something stupid  (thus the "Stupid" name).....that's when they should check my heart. That would tell them at what level of stupidness my heart can handle and then I can avoid it if I can when that stupidness level becomes to high. With all the High Tech gadgets that they have to check your heart.....you would think that they could come up with a stupid-o-meter or something. I could carry it around and hold it up to the people before I speak with them and it would register the stupid level of said person. I could then avoid the stupid conversation or the stupid question they were going to ask and walk away. (And who ever said that there is no such thing as a stupid question....obviously worked alone...just saying)



The problem with stress is that you don't realize that its happening to you until it actually happens and then its to late. Your heart rate increases rapidly, your blood pressure rises and then you are left with the "ARRGH" feeling it leaves you with. So what do you do then? I usually take a few deep breaths and let my heart rate decrease and BP go down. (and I hope that another Stupid situation doesn't happen while I'm doing this)   They say that exercise reduces stress....ummm...I just don't get that. When I exercises...my heart rate increases and my blood pressure rises....its alot like work. In fact... just thinking about exercises  makes me stressed. So I surely cant understand how that helps reduce stress. So I will stick to my breathing exercises to rid the stress from my body. But lets be honest here...we don't really get rid of stress do we? No...we just forget about it. And to be really honest....until they event that Stupid-O-Meter....breathing is all I have.

1 comment:

taylor said...

bahahaha. The stupid ones.

priceless.