Monday, August 22, 2011

Ready for Vacation

I am on VACATION....don't be jealous OK. :)
Seems like getting ready to be on vacation is more work than its worth sometimes. I always seem to be more stressed the week before I go on vacation from work. Trying make sure that I have not forgotten things, making sure everyone is able to take over all the duties, and making sure the whole plant wont go under while I'm gone. (I know it wouldn't...but still..... you think so anyways) And once my vacation starts... it always takes me a few days to de-stress to even feel like I am on vacation.

Friday was me and Kim's wedding anniversary, so we did what we always do on our anniversary date....we went to the Beer tent during the Lapeer Days Festival. How romantic you may say....or maybe not. But we always enjoy seeing old class mates there and we always seem to have a good time. This year we went with Taylor and her boyfriend. And yes...we had a wonderful time. We even hit the  bar for a nightcap , where I sang "Always and Forever" to Kim. (Note to self....Don't ever sing when you've been drinking....especially a song that you haven't sang in twenty some years.) Luckily there was only a few people there to here the treacherous notes I was trying to sing. But hey...its the thought that counts right?

No, I don't have any big plans for my vacation, I just plan on relaxing and getting ready for the Crim race on Saturday.Taylor and I decided we would do it together and I cant let her down...so I will be walking/running everyday just to make sure I can go the 10 mile distance. Uggh!! But I will be thinking of the finish line...that's what its all about for me....just FINISHING!!!

I also participated in the Lapeer Days Parade this past weekend. (And let me say right now...This is soooo not my kind of thing) It was a last minute thought... but our Lupus Support Group walked in the parade to promote our "Pet Parade for Lupus" we are doing on October 15th. (last year we had 72 entries and was a Hoot)
My morning started with me trying to find Kim (Keep in mind that we did go to the Beer tent the night before so my sense of direction was slightly misguided)...Someone had to be there early and hold our spot (thanks Kim)...And I am not a morning person so my plans were to show up just before the Parade would start with our dogs. I walked all the way down the entire Parade line up looking for her....not a sight of her. I called her and she was trying to tell me directions of where she was..."You know where Parkway street is? she asked....I replied  "Ahh...No...I do not know all the side street names in down town Lapeer" (I was getting frustrated at this point) But as I am standing there talking with her...It dawned on me... (as my eyes gazed up at the street sign that said Parkway street) (let alone all the parade contestants all lined up down this street). I was standing on the street corner that she was speaking of. Arrrgh!! And then it hit me....I really need this Vacation. :)

Here's a few pictures of the Pets that we walked with....just some adorable pooches!!




During the parade I found myself enjoying something I wasn't really looking forward to. I think I'm ready now.... So Bring on the VACATION !!

No comments: