Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Plan

I have been thinking alot lately about my bucket wish list.
There are two things on it that I feel like I just have to do and do them quickly. I have no idea as to why I think I need to do them quickly but nonetheless I do. Maybe its just my selfishness telling me to do what I want to do and just throwing in the need to do it quickly just because it becomes even more selfish that way....I don't know. Maybe its Gods way of telling me to "get er done"
There were two items on my list that I think I can actually do....one is to give away a large amount of money to someone who is in need. I know what your thinking....and no.... I did not hit the lottery....please remember that the words "Large amount of Money"  means different things to different people. To me  it means.... an amount of money more than I thought anyone would ever just give me. Anyway....my thought is to give away my piggy bank money. I put in almost a dollar a day into this thing and it is starting to get full. I was driving home the other night from work and Bingo...it hit me....why not just give it away. Its money that I am not going to miss because I haven't done anything with it in a few years and it will accomplish the great feeling of giving that I just Love. So the real question is ...to who...and how do I find someone who is in need of it. Should I seek this person out or should it be just more a random act. Personally , I would like to find a single mother who might have a special needs child who could use the extra cash just to help catch up on bills or something like that. I will have to run all this by my boss of course but I am pretty sure she will say a hesitant yes. But first I will hear the..."ya know Ian...we could use that money to catch up on some of our own bills" then she will think about it for a few seconds and say... "but hey...if you think this is something you want to do...go for it"
And I will say what I always say when I get my way "Thank You Honey,...You are the best wife anyone could ever have."

My second thing on my bucket wish list is to take my dad on a fly fishing trip. For some reason in my head I was thinking about going to like Colorado or something but when I looked it up online most of the really good fly fishing is in the eastern parts...including Michigan....(But definitely want to get out of Michigan) Someplace I can drive to that is not a arm and a leg a away...and I think I have decided on Maryland. It is 8 hrs away and some really great fishing in the Savage river. I just imagine seeing my dad fly fishing in the early hours of dawn on a beautiful river, thinking to myself...it doesn't get any better than this.
Because you know how everything goes just like you think it will...right? Riiiight.

So that's my plan....I will do the money thing first and then early next spring do the fly fishing.
I love having a plan....even if that's all I have ....I still love it.

No comments: