Sunday, September 18, 2011

Dearly Beloved


Our bowling partners have a daughter who is 19...her name is Brandi....we have known her since she was 2. We saw her go through the terrible twos, and the awkward tween years, the sassy years when she was a teen, and then her graduation and her beginning college. So needless to say...we know her quite well. She stopped by Sunday evening to give us some big news....really big news.

She had just got back from a visit to see her boyfriend in Chicago. He joined the Navy and had just graduated from his basic training camp. She said that they went to a carnival and that's when it happened. They took a Ferris Wheel ride, and he got down on one knee and ask for her hand in marriage.
Granted...it could have been a catastrophe had he lost his balance while on one knee, 4 stories up on a Ferris Wheel...but thank god it wasn't. It was a romantic gesture, and she said yes!! 

So you are probably thinking...Really Ian...that was the Big News? People get proposed to everyday....what makes this such big news? Is that the Really Big News you wanted to share?
Well...No....You should know by now that when I say I have BIG news...I will back up those words with something epic...and there is nothing worse when someone has big news and they just keep prolonging the dialogue in order to keep the readers in suspense. Like when you want to know the score of the game and its the last thing they show on the news...man I hate that. And Im so glad I am not like that...no siree. when I have big news I like to just shout it out as soon as I can.




Brandi asked Kim and I if we would get ordained and marry them. How epic is that eh? I must admit, at first I was like really?...is this a joke?  But once I saw that she was serious and sincere....my mouth started to salivate at the opportunity to officiate a wedding. I asked her why us? She said that she didnt want a minister or priest that she didnt know and would have to make frequent visits to in order for them to get married.  I never understood that either...but maybe thats just me....I think you should have someone you know, and more importantly...knows you to perform weddings and funerals. To me, it just makes sense. And Im not just saying that because she chose us to do it. (Okay maybe a little) So of course we said yes. But she also said that "she knew that we would do it in a way that everyone can relate to and keep their guest entertained during the ceremony". I am assuming that she meant that people want to see us joke about marriage and all the fun stuff that goes with it....but since I know marraige isnt all fun and games....that may have been a hugh assumption on my part...or hers...Im not sure. But I do know it will be fun and Im excited.

So we are now officially Ordained. I was unaware that you could get ordained online with just your name and email address. Wow...that was quick. So now we just need to think of the many jokes content of the ceremony. The possibilities are endless....and since the wedding wont be until Feburary or March we have lots of time to decide.

So if you need a minister for your kids birthday party, or your weekly book club, or even if you need someone you know to talk to....just know that we are now ordained which makes us available to pass a plate. Please give generously  :)

1 comment:

taylor said...

check that off the bucket list!

Very cool.