Saturday, February 4, 2012

Movie Night


I saw my first 3D movie last night. It was so very COOL. My wife doesn't get to wrapped up in movies but she absolutely loved the Underworld movies. So when she suggested we go see a movie and we saw that the newest Underworld movie was still playing....it was a no-brainer. (for me anyway...I try to keep momma happy) I saw that it was in 3D and I was a little apprehensive at first thinking..."do I really want to watch a movie with glasses on the whole time?" (after all...that's why I had Lasik surgery so I wouldn't have to wear glasses.) I am usually not a fan of "going to the movies". I think I can count on one hand the number of times I have went. I would much rather sit in the comfort of my own house and watch one. Whats a movie experience without having your dogs and cats and bird to bother you? (insert sarcastic smirk here)

The movie started and I was instantly amazed at how everything was in 3D ..even the previews. My eyes were in sensory overload mode. It reminded me of the first time that I looked into one of those 3D viewers as a kid. I didn't want to put it down and I remember feeling as if I was right there in the picture next to the Disney characters I was viewing.
 During the movie we even jumped a few times because your eyes are so impelled in watching the screen that when the sounds increase in volume it startles you out of your seat. (I think I even was startled so bad a couple times that I made sounds...like "whoa" and "ahh" (I played it off like it was Kim but no one was buying it)
It was an action packed movie so there was plenty to keep my eyes busy. Not to mention that Kate Beckinsale kept my eyes busy as well. But I found the whole experience to be much more intense than watching it in 2D. I almost felt like a kid again.....that was until I tried to get up out of the seat and my body instantly reminded me that I wasnt a kid no more.
 I really cant wait to see another movie in 3D. Who knows..... maybe by then they will have come out with a 4D, 5D or even 6D movie.   (ahh ...to be a kid again and dream)


No comments: