Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Songs of Christmas


          I am in the Christmas spirit...But I am holding back. Every year the songs , shopping, sales, and anything else associated with Christmas seems to start earlier and earlier. So this year I have decided to not listen to any of my favorite music until two days before Christmas. I remember last year and I found a radio station that played Christmas music and thought it was really cool that I could sing all those songs on my way to work and even on my way home from work. And it was...really cool I mean. That was until after the first week when those songs really started to get on my nerves. After that...every time I heard "Grandma got run over by a reindeer" I just wanted to rip out my stereo in my truck and toss it out the window. (OK I still want to do that every time I hear that song) But Holiday music should be nostalgic and it just cant be that way for me if I get burnt out on it. I may as well be listening to head banging rock music because it makes me just as sick. So I plan on waiting to hear all my favorites until Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
          O Holy Night is my favorite song of all the songs that get played. I recorded in my studio because it just gets me in the spirit of Christmas like no other song can. And I Love to be "in the spirit" on Christmas day. (Don't confuse that with "in the spirits") (which I like too) The song makes me wonder what it was like that night when Jesus was born. How Awesome that night must have been for Mary and Joseph and the people who new their King was being born.
           When Christmas day arrives....there is only one CD that is being played in the morning....yep...you guessed it....Kenny G....oh... that's not what you guessed? That's because its not really my choice...but its Kim's...and she gets up before I do on Christmas day. But its been played every year for the last ten years...so its kind of tradition....but its really because I don't have the balls to change the CD :)

Whats your favorite Chrismas Song?

1 comment:

taylor said...

GOOD ONE.

I couldn't possibly choose just one, although most Christmas songs are highly annoying to me... If I had to choose:

What child is this
Feliz Navidad
Baby it's cold outside
Have yourself a merry little christmas

There's probably a few more that I could classify as my "fav" -- however, not many more lol. And even those ones, I'm usually happy to say good bye to once the holiday is over :)