Thursday, December 29, 2011

A Hoarding Christmas


        Well Christmas is gone and we have only to look forward to the new year. Our Christmas this year was a bit different....but it was still wonderful. We went down to Taylor's apartment in Kalamazoo to help her pack up and get ready for he big Move to Texas. Okay...I must be honest...I went down just to watch some cable TV while Kim helped her pack. The reason it was different was because we weren't at home for Christmas day. Well...and our Christmas dinner was comprised of a chicken breast and some sort of noodle side dish from a box. No...I'm not complaining...I'm only stating why it was "different". The Wonderful part of Christmas was that I was with the people I Love the most. And that is really what Christmas is about. Oh yeah...the Cable TV was pretty dog gone awesome too.

        I was like a little kid who saw TV for the first time in my life. I was in Awe!!  So many channels...so much to watch!!!  After watching a few Movies...OK 5 of them...I switched the channel to Hoarders....I was...well...I'm not sure what I was...but I know I was nothing short of Fascinated for sure. I watched a few episodes of the typical hoarder who cant throw out anything, so they make little trails throughout their houses in order to go from room to room. And even though I find that someone could live like that...ever....I was more in awe of the show that I never got to see. I only saw the trailers of it during one of the other hoarders show I was watching.

       There was this lady who couldn't throw away anything...and by anything...I am talking every single thing that she touched. Garbage included. They showed short clips of the cock roaches everywhere. The even took pictures off the wall and there was literally hundreds of cock roaches hiding ...they showed a cock roach moving about right next to the food she was cooking. I swear to God...I just about ralphed right then and there (Of course Taylor was laughing her head off) Happy thoughts....Happy thoughts...I can hurl just thinking about it.  But I just could not believe what I was seeing...it just seemed so unreal to me. Could you imaging the stench that must be fuming from that house?  They also showed a short clip of her sleeping in her bed....and I couldn't even see her in the bed because there was so much garbage laying about the whole room. It was like a "Wheres Waldo?" picture

     

 Now look...I try not to judge people....but really I could not help it on this one.  I found that to be just a bit beyond just hoarding...And yes...I do think hoarding is a type of mental disease. But when you sit on your lazy boy with one of those 3 foot "reach buddy" things  to move the garbage around you so you can put the foot rest up.....I find that to be just pure laziness. I was fascinated just the same...but it just blows my mind to think that there are people that actually enjoy living with garbage.
It makes my bitching about the room we have for the animals to shit and piss in.... a bit minuscule by comparison.

       So now...I'm a bit torn on what my New Years resolution will be...take my dogs for more walks...or clean my favorite hoarding spot....my closet!!

No comments: