Sunday, April 24, 2011

Take me out to the Ball Game



Its a Good thing that I am not a Baseball Fanatic. I would weigh 300 hundred pounds in a matter of a few games. It seems like every game I go to, I eat at least one thing from every food vendor that is there. Yesterday was no exception, I had a kielbasa dog, Italian Sausage, roasted almonds, pretzel/w/ cheese  and three beers. And I could have probably went for a few other things but I refrained from it for the sake of embarrassing myself totally. It just seems like everything tastes better and smells better at the ball game.

A good friend gave me four tickets to the Tigers vs White Sox game so my wife, daughter and one of her friends and myself went to see it. Cathy, my good friend who gave me the tickets, told me that they were great seats and we would enjoy it alot. And that was a hugh understatement. The seats were right behind the Tigers dugout and we could see the faces of the players as they went down into the dugout. My wife said we were so close that we could smell their B.O. ...Ok very funny,but a bit of an exaggeration besides....I really couldn't smell anything but food.  :)
But we were so close that I saw a pimple on Bat Boys forhead. Nuff said !!



The day started with a  trip to the Somerset Mall for some Lush products that my wife and daughter are obsessed with. Apparently me asking them to come with me to the game wasn't enough for them, I had to also buy them stuff too. We then went out to eat at a Chinese restaurant and headed to the game. Once we parked (which was included in the gift  package from Cathy ...Thanks  Cathy), all we had to do was walk across the street to the gate. I mean,  it was almost like valet parking only I didn't have to tip anyone, It was that close. And the ease we had getting in and out was amazing.  My Daughter got her picture taken with Paws, and I sat on top of the tigers dugout and got my picture taken after the game. I had planned on posting that picture but when I looked at at it...it looked like I had either  already eaten one of everything on the menu or someone left a Buddah Statue sitting on top of the Tigers dugout...so...No...you wont be seeing that picture anytime soon.  :)
.

I had a foul ball come within 10 feet from me and I now know why fan interference happens all the time. Its like you just wanna push everyone out of the way to get at the ball. If I had a go go gadget arm at the time it would have been perfect. But instead I just kinda of leaned into the person sitting next to me and he looked at me like..."Really dude? That ball was not even close to you " So I smiled and told him it was my first game and he understood and laughed.

 The girls were ready to leave at the end of the 7th inning but I made them stay until it was over. I wanted the whole expierence and I didnt care if the Tigers were winning 8-0 or not. I even had Miguel Cabrera throw a ball to the fan standing in front of me after the game as he was heading back into the dugout. . (And yes.... I thought about pushing him out of the way for  that one too . )  There was only one thing that I wished I could have witnessed...and that was a Home Run. They scored  9 runs but no home runs. Home Run or not, my expierence on a scale from one to ten......was an eleven.  This was a near perfect day...cold beer, being with people you love while watching Americas favorite pastime, Nope.... doesnt get much better than that. Well.... ok it would be better if I could eat and drink all that stuff and not look like a mini-Buddah. :)

2 comments:

taylor said...

Haha! Nice post :) I think this is stunningly accurate... except I'm pretty sure I remember paying the pretty penny for my Lush goodies....not you ;)

Felice said...

Sounds like an amazing day! A little jealous as I have never been to a Tigers game but I will get there one day. Thanks for sharing! <3