Friday, November 16, 2012

Going In A Different Direction


"The owners are going in a different direct, and I'm afraid we are going to have to let you go."
That's how they said it.
Immediately I felt this burden lifted from my shoulders.
I also felt saddened because of the friendships that you acquire after almost 30 years on the job.
Its one thing getting paid to do a job but the special friendships that you gain far outweigh any amount of money you receive.
I had envisioned this moment in my head on how it would go and what I would say. and it was pretty much what I had envisioned. I just smiled and said OK, shook their hands  and said :sorry it didn't work out" and left to gather my things.
My job was becoming unbearable due to the new owners that we had. Bankers who pretend to know how to run a manufacturing business. I am always open to new ideas and processes that make sense and will help the company be more successful. But what I am not in favor of is treating people unfairly.They really don't care about that and it really was getting to me. If they like you...you re in. But if they don't (which is where I was) they will make sure you are not there long. And I say this without a trace of hatred in my blood. Its just a fact... I have seen it first hand with how they treat and talk about some other people. Its just sad....sad that they cant deal with problems differently...like upfront and honestly which is my approach to things. (maybe to a fault)
So although I am unemployed as of this moment...I really have not been happier in a long time. No more stress, and I can now look for a new job that appreciates people. I have until the end of the year and whatever God has in store for me, I will wrap my arms around it and run with it.

When I look at all this...it was really meant to be. Everyday I was praying about it and God answered it. He did what was best for ME. I leave knowing that I helped build this company to what it is today. I know I leave my own legacy there and I have to say, I'm proud of that.

Now, the whole job hunting thing is somewhat depressing but I do have some wonderful people also looking for me and I do have some opportunities that I may be able to benefit from. I would prefer not to travel 1 hr to go to work but if that's what it takes to finish out my career...than a mans gotta do what a mans gotta do. !!

Any how, that's whats been going on in my life as of late.  I know not very exciting right?  But good times to come I'm sure.

Peace
 

2 comments:

Marilyn Hart said...

I think God is going to really have something special for you Ian. I pray it is really rewarding.

Ian Ranshaw said...

Thank You Marilyn.