Monday, August 20, 2012

The True Meaning of Bliss

         I have one more year....one more year.... that's it. No the doc didn't tell me that...I did.
Kim and I celebrated our 29th wedding anniversary yesterday. 29 whole years of nothing but blissful marriage. Riiiiight !!  Okay maybe blissful is a bit overkill on describing the whole 29 years. But happy would definitely be an appropriate word. I do remember some bad times but to be honest... 99.9 percent of the time it has been good...very good....exceptionally good...borderline blissful :)
The .1 percent that was bad was her fault (I'm kidding of course....kind of) But those bad times did made us stronger and each and every time we got through them. That tells me that we both gave forgiveness to each other because we knew we were right for one another. Forgiveness is never easy....but our faith in God and commitment to each other did make it easier.
I know with out a shadow of a doubt, I would be a different man had she not taken the money I gave her for shoes and put a down payment on a wedding dress. (yes...that happened) Thank god she did...I was never one for commitment. But marriage has taught me so many things.

Marriage is fun...I just couldn't imaging doing fun things without her.

Marriage is costly...If you knew actually how many purses my wife has...you would know what I was talking about...actually...I don't even know the number of purses she has. One for every shade of color that crayola has...and even ones that they are planning to come out with in the future.

Marriage keeps you humble...lets face it...Kim has a way of keeping me in check, Making sure my arrogant attitude doesn't get out of balance with whats right. Every time my dreaminess gets in the way of doing the right thing, Kim has a way of putting in perspective for me...and although its never easy to hear, I know she always right. (well...not always...but I do listen anyways) :)

Marriage is always evolving...I look back on our marriage and can see the transformations we have went through. And although I know we are not done evolving...I do know that I look forward to the future...because it will only get better.

Marriage is a Journey....I remember our minister told us that when we got married. He wasn't lying and truth be told...its the best journey I have ever been on. (Although the trip to Canada bear hunting in 1999 was pretty awesome) (Kidding again...kind of) But seriously...we have been through the phases of life and death together and I could not imagine going through this journey with anyone else.

She is my rock...I depend on her, cherish her, trust her, love her with all my heart. She is truly my angel and most of all...me beautiful wife. My Kimmy.
(Hows that for some sucking up) (kidding ...kind of)

Oh and about the one year left statement...I have one more year to save enough money to do something really special on our 30th anniversary. I wouldn't say she expects me to do anything special....but she did say" Ian...you better be planning something special for our 30th anniversary. "
See...told you she has a way of putting things in perspective for me. (I am kidding..she really didn't say that.) (not in so many words) (She just gave me "the look")

Love you Honey